In this blog, we would look at the records HMRC expects to be kept by the business for each VAT MOSS sale. These include :
- the member state where the sales were made - known as the member state of consumption
- the date you supplied a service
- the taxable amount, including the currency used, including any increase or decrease of the taxable amount
- the VAT rate that was applied for the sale
- the amount of VAT due and the currency used
Link for the Union VAT MOSS Return template is given herewith.
In addition, the business must also keep a record of :
- payments the business received - the dates and amounts
- any payments on account the business received for services before supply was actually made
- the information shown on any invoices you issued
- customers names - where known
- the information you used to work out where a customer is based
The above information must be kept for 10 years and the business should be able to send it to HMRC electronically if asked.